2010 Snow Day

Many of you may not remember the snow we used to have in Dallas but I do. Being a native to the area I remember snow days. The night before we would anxiously await the news to see if the name of our school would scroll across the screen or not. I remember the thrill I felt when I saw it. Yes indeed, life was good and we would be staying home. What could be better than a day to sleep late, play in the snow, and drink hot chocolate. The past few days has revived the kid in me. I felt that familiar thrill when I opened the curtains to see the earth so still, quite and blanketed with an exquisite layer of pristine snow. Now, many of you north of here who have been dealing with snow for months are probably unlikely to agree with me, but I think it's beautiful. I’m glad we had these couple of days with the snow swirling around our faces and crunching under our feet. For at least a few hours the world slowed down just a bit to take in the splendor that God has created.

Comments

Popular Posts