AVA

I am always pleasantly surprised when I try a new restaurant in Rockwall. I act like this little town is miles from Dallas and cannot possibly support the culinary talents that Dallas attracts. But when you stumble on a gastronomic delight such as the restaurant, AVA, on the downtown square and you partake in tasty morsels that melt in your mouth, you can't help but feel pleased that there is a little treasure like this in your backyard. I have tried this delectable little find on a couple of occasions and the reaction is always the same for my companions and me - WOW. The bursting flavors and the unique combinations are created in a beautiful display of wonderful dishes that are served to wow us, and believe you me, you will be in awe. I also enjoy the fact that the restaurant supports the local farmers markets, uses free-range chicken and hormone-free beef amongst other organic pleasures to create their ingenious dishes. AVA 108 S. Goliad St., Rockwall, 469-698-9920. Open 5-10 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 5-11 p.m. Friday-Saturday

Comments

Popular Posts